Saturday, July 01, 2006

Finally - cooler temperatures!

I just spent a week up in Minneapolis and Eau Claire, Wisconsin. It was nice to get some temps back down into the 50s at night, and 70s/80s during the day. The lodging options were pretty basic in Eau Claire, but they do have a Hampton Inn there. Stayed there for a couple of nights, and it was the typical Hampton. Staff was courteous, the rooms and lobby were clean enough - not sparkling, but acceptable - I'll stay here again next time I'm in town. Read the full review here.

When I got back to Minneapolis, I stayed at the Hampton Inn at 494/France. It must have been one of the first Hampton's ever built. It is in definite need of updating and tidying up, but the rate ($74) and location (right next to Denny's and Joe Senser's) and about 10 minutes from the airport make it a good enough deal. There's another Hampton at 494/Lyndale, just a few exits up - it looked a little newer, but I don't think you can beat that rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home